VidyaPratishthan's School of Biotechnolopgy
Applied for registration with CPCSEA in 2008
The registration number with CPCSEA is 1814/PO/ERe/S/15/CPCSEA
Education and Research for educational purpose on small animals
IAEC members of VSBT
- Dr. Sushama R. Chaphalkar, Chairperson.
- Dr. Amit Gupta, Scientist.
- Dr. Kalpana D. Chandramore, Scientist.
- Dr. Ramesh B. Jagtap, Veterinarian.
- Dr. Trivikram M. Deshpande, Scientist, In-charge of Animal House Facility
IAEC member from NARI
- Dr. Chanda Nimbkar, Biological Scientist.
- Dr. Mohan R. Wani Main nominee
- Sh. Urmilesh Jha Link nominee
- Dr. Vijay Subhashrao Jagdale Scientist from outside the institute
- Smt. Ujwala Mansingh Patil Socially Aware Nominee
As per CPCSEA guidelines located away from main building
- Area about 700 square feet
- Exhaust fan
- 4 cubicles
- 2 cubicles for animal maintenance; 1 for quarantine and 1 for experimentation
- 1 cubicle for vetarinary area and 1 cubicle for dissection
- Water bottles
- Shade area for washing and cleaninliness
- Mice (Mus musculus)
- Procured from
- Animal feed from nutrivet
- Bedding from nutrivet
- For education
- For practical demonstration for MSc 1st year biotechnology practicals
- Routes of inoculation
- Cardiac puncture, retroorbital plexus
- for dissection
For Research in education
- for dissertaton of undergraduate and postgraduate biotechnology courses
- For staff research
Another main purpose is preclinical research
- in virology
- cancer research